This four day, instructor-led course complements and extends "PowerCenter 9.x/10.x Level 1 Developer Training" with advanced topics and extended labs. The course is intended for developers with more than six months of PowerCenter 9.x/10.x experience. Topics covered include: High Availability, Pipeline Lookup and Dynamic Lookup expressions, the SQL transformation, and the Transaction Control transformation. Additional topics include extended use of parameter files, pivoting data, session and workflow recovery, use of command line utilities. The course includes an extensive series of performance tuning workshops that include methodology, mapping design, and cache management with memory optimization.
Prior to taking this course, students should have more than six months of PowerCenter 9.x/10.x experience.
4 Days/Lecture & Labs
The course is intended for developers.
- PowerCenter Overview
- Mapping Variables and Parameter Files
- User-Defined and Advanced Functions
- Pivoting Data
- Dynamic Lookups
- Stored Procedure and the SQL Transformations
- Error Handling
- Transaction Processing
- Transaction Control Transform
- Workflow and Task Recovery
- Command Line Utilities
- Performance Tuning Methodology
- Performance Tuning Mapping Design
- Performance Tuning Caching and Memory Optimization
- Performance Tuning Partitions