This course is designed to help installations perform an efficient best practices installation of the core Unicenter CA-OPS/MVS product and all of its optional facilities. CA-OPS/MVS touches on many different MVS interfaces, other CA products, as well as third party products such as MVS/QuickRef and IBM's Omegamon XE. In this hands-on course, students will install, configure, and test an actual working copy of CA-OPS/MVS.
Students should have experience with MVS high-level architecture, MVS JCL, and systems programming utilities. Prior knowledge of CA-OPS/MVS and REXX is helpful but not strictly required.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for MVS Systems Programmers and Automation Analysts.
- CA-OPS/MVS Introduction
- OPS/MVS Installation Planning
- Performing SMP/E Installation
- Performing the Post-install steps
- Understanding and deploying OPSLOG WebView
- Installing and Configuring OPS/MVS USS Support
- COF (CICS Operations Facility) interface overview, installation, and verification.
- IOF (IMS Operations Facility) interface overview, installation, and verification.