This course is informed by the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK), offering a means to incorporate Unified Modeling Language (UML) modeling techniques into the business analysis process. UML modeling elements and diagrams are presented for each Task within the BABOK where UML modeling is considered a best practice for performing the Techniques and recording the Outputs. The models include extensions to the standard UML provided by Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect (EA).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for business analysts in all domains and is not dependent upon a specific process or methodology.
- Introduction to UML and EA Fundamentals
- The UML Language Architecture
- Requirements Analysis
- UML structural diagrams and elements
- UML behavioral elements
- UML behaviors with sequence diagrams
- UML behaviors with state diagrams
- Enterprise Analysis
- Reporting model contents using HTML, PDF, and RTF report generation
- Exploring EA models – model search and filtering