This course will present the new facilities of CICS/TS (Transaction Server). The student will be exposed to the new features of BTS (Business Transaction Services), which allows CICS to process transactions as a complete, interdependent entity, instead of the classic "single transaction at a time" method. Also discussed are several improvements in the way that CICS/TS interfaces with non-3270 type entities, such as a web browser.
The student must have basic knowledge of CICS and general knowledge of the mainframe programming environment.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for CICS programmers and/or programmer/analysts who are familiar with the basics of CICS/ESA and want to gain knowledge of the new features available in CICS/TS.
- CICS Business Transaction Services (BTS)
- The CICS log manager
- The CICS recovery manager
- File control enhancements
- Temporary storage enhancements
- Transient data enhancements
- CICS/DB2 attachment facility
- CICS Web interface
- 3270 bridge
- Miscellaneous enhancements