Loading Course Schedule...
The purpose of this course is to provide the student with the concepts and knowledge of conceptual modeling (including UML), and give the student the ability to create logical, and physical data models from the conceptual model.
No previous data processing experience is necessary for this course.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for data modelers, data architects, business analysts, application builders, database administrators, and end users who will be participating in data modeling and database design, including those who may not be using CASE tools, but do require an understanding of the process and fundamentals.
- Introduction to Data Modeling and Database Design
- Conceptual Modeling
- Logical Modeling
- Advanced Logical Modeling
- Model Object Documentation
- Model Normalization
- Model Audit and Validation
- Model Presentation
- Physical Modeling and Database Design
- Data Warehouse - Dimensional Modeling Introduction