Loading Course Schedule...
The Introduction to Earned Value Management (EVM) Seminar is a practical tools and techniques class addressing EVM theory and implementation as they pertain to project planning and control. As with all CSI courses it utilizes a combination of theory and case study based exercises as a teaching mechanism. Topics include: An EVM Introduction, and Overview, Integration of EVM with PMI's PMBOK framework, Federal EVM requirements (ANSI-748, OMB-A11, DOD-5000.2), Project Planning and Project Control, the Project Baselines, and Assessing Project Performance. This is a comprehensive introductory class intended for students who are new to EVM and project control.
Before taking this course, students should take ProTech's Concepts and Practice of Project Management or have equivalent project management experience.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for both project team members and project managers wishing to gain an initial working knowledge of commonly accepted best practices for implementing Earned Value Management as a project planning and control process.
- Introduction to the Cost and Schedule Control System Criteria
- Earned Value Management Introduction
- Requirements identification and management
- The Work Breakdown Structure and Dictionary
- The Organizational Breakdown Structure
- The Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- Development of the Project Logic
- Aggregation for control; Work Packages and Control Accounts
- Integrating the Technical, Cost, and Schedule baselines
- Fundamental Earned Value Methodology
- Schedule performance metrics
- Cost performance metrics
- Forecasting and Presentation of EVM data and analysis