This class provides an introduction to System Operations for the IBM i (AS/400, iSeries). Emphasis is placed on the basics of system navigation using IBM supplied Menus and CL Commands, and on normal day-to-day system operational tasks.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for those wanting an introduction to System Operations for the IBM i (AS/400, iSeries).
IBM i (AS/400, iSeries) Introduction
- Using the IBM Menu System
- Using Control Language Commands
- Using Special Keyboard Keys
- CL Commands and Menus for Operations
- System Object and IFS Architecture
- Introduction to Work Management
- Basic Work Management- Controlling Jobs
- Running Batch Jobs
- Printers and Printer Output
- Handling Messages and Errors
- Basics of Backup and Recovery
- Working with Devices and Lines
- Introduction to Operations using IBM's System i Navigator for Windows