This 10-day class is an introductory class on the COBOL language. The class covers the general ANS 85 COBOL standard, and the IBM i, iSeries, AS/400 extensions to the standard. In this Live Hands-On workshop, students will learn basic ILE COBOL/400 rules and syntax, and write, run and debug several batch COBOL/400 programs. Interactive COBOL/400 is covered briefly in this introductory class. Lecture is reinforced by Hands-on Lab exercises which are supervised by the instructor.
IBM I, iSeries, AS/400 Programming Concepts and Facilities Workshop, or equivalent. A basic knowledge of computer programming logic and techniques.
10 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for programmers.
- Introduction to ILE COBOL/400 Session 1 ( 5 Days)
- Introduction to Programming in COBOL/400 Defining Files and Processing Data
- Printing Reports with COBOL/400 Designing Structured COBOL Programs Moving Data and Text ::Manipulation Computing in COBOL: The Arithmetic Verbs
- Decision Making Using the IF and EVALUATE Statements Debugging COBOL Programs
- Introduction to ILE COBOL/400 Session 2 ( 5 Days)
- Iteration: Beyond the Basic PERFORM
- Database Concepts and Externally Described Physical Files Format 2 COPY Statement for ::Externally Described Files Accessing Keyed Logical Files
- Interactive COBOL with Display Files
- Random and Dynamic File Access Techniques START Statement
- Single-Level Arrays and Tables Multiple-Level Arrays and Tables Indexing and SEARCH Statement ::The COPY and CALL Statement