The Introduction to JPA training course provides an in-depth exploration of database driven development using JPA both inside and outside of an Java EE container. The course begins with a review of common database programming techniques, including JDBC and RowSets. It then examines how ORM frameworks and technologies simplify database development. Once the foundational knowledge is created, then the course transitions into building database driven solutions using JPA. Along the way, you'll learn key JPA concepts, like an EntityManager, how to create advanced queries using JPQL, and examine how to structure complex entity relationships. The course concludes with a discussion about transactions.The Introduction to JPA training course can be taught using OpenJPA, Hibernate, or EclipseLink as the JPA provider.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
- Review of database concepts
- What is JPA
- Core JPA Concepts
- Configuring JPA
- Creating a basic JPA CRUD application
- Overview of Mapping Concepts
- Implementing Mapping Concepts
- Object Relational Mappings
- Advance Mapping configurations
- Introduction to JPA QL
- Understanding types of queries supported by JPA QL
- Integrating JPA with Java EE