This three-day course provides students with the foundational knowledge required to work with the Junos operating system to configure Junos security devices. The course provides a brief overview of the Juniper security products and discusses the key architectural components of the Junos software. Key topics include UI options with a heavy focus on CLI, configuration tasks typically associated with the initial setup of devices, interface configuration basics with configuration examples, secondary system configuration, and the basics of operational monitoring and maintenance of Junos Security devices. This course then delves into foundational knowledge of security objects, security policies, and configuration examples including types of security objects, security policies, security services Nat, site-to-site IPsec VPN, and Juniper Secure Connect VPN.
Attendees should have basic networking knowledge and basic understanding of Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and of the TCP/IP protocol suite. It is recommended that attendees have an understanding of FortiGate Security, FortiGate Infrastructure, and FortiManager.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring Juniper Security devices.
- Juniper Connected Security
- Juniper SRX Series Overview
- Juniper SRX Initial Configuration
- UI Options – The Junos CLI
- Security Zones and Screen Objects
- Address Objects and Service Objects
- Security Policies
- Security Services – IPS
- Security Services – Integrated User-Based Firewall
- UTM – Antivirus and Antispam
- UTM – Content Filtering and Web Filtering
- Juniper Connected Security – JATP Cloud
- Source Network Address Translation
- Destination Network Address Translation and Static Network Address Translation
- Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Juniper Secure Network
- SRX Troubleshooting
- Monitoring and Reporting