The goal of this course is to teach students how to create a simple Microsoft ASP.NET application that delivers dynamic content to the Web.
Students should be able to create forms and tables in HTML, write Microsoft Visual Basic or Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) code, create an ASP page, and retrieve data from a relational database by using ADO.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for developers of Microsoft Active Server Pages (ASP). In taking this course, it is assumed that students are familiar with Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), client-side and server-side scripting, and Microsoft ActiveX( Data Objects (ADO).
- Create a Web form with server controls.
- Separate page code from content by using code-behind pages, user controls, and components.
- Display dynamic data from a data source by using Microsoft ADO.NET and data binding.
- Debug ASP.NET pages by using trace.
- Use a Web service to enhance a Web application.
- Add configuration, authentication, and state management to an ASP.NET Web application
- Working with Microsoft ASP.NET
- Using Web Controls
- Using Microsoft ADO.NET to Access Data
- Separating Code from Content
- Using Trace in Microsoft ASP.NET Pages
- Using Web Services
- Creating a Microsoft ASP.NET Web Application