This course provides an introduction to the IBM i (iSeries, AS/400) for programmers and other technical staff that need to understand the technical capabilities of the IBM i. The class focuses on understanding the system capabilities, program development tools, database concepts, and system management from a programming perspective. The class uses the IBM Websphere Application Development Studio Toolset including PDM, SEU, and SDA. An overview of the IBM Rational development toolset is also provided. This class serves to fill the prerequisites for the programming workshops in RPG IV, COBOL, and Control Language.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Programmers and other technical staff that need to understand the technical capabilities of the IBM i.
- Introduction to IBM i, AS/400, iSeries
- The IBM i User Interface
- The Object Based Architecture
- Using PDM (Program Dev Manager)
- Using Source Entry Utility (SEU)
- Creating Control Language Programs
- Integrated Database Concepts
- Using IBM's Query for i
- Using Data Areas
- System Values Overview
- Work Management Concepts
- Security Concepts Overview
- DDS for Display Files
- Using the Screen Design Aid (SDA)
- Other Considerations - Overview