Learn foundational Ruby and the theory and practice of Rails in this hands-on, expert-led course. Students will be taught Ruby language constructs and the entire Rails development stack: domain modeling with ActiveRecord, controller and view implementation, testing, database migrations, data validation techniques, AJAX fundamentals, and more.
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for web developers who want to learn Rails right and for students who currently use Java, .Net, or other frameworks that are looking for a more agile way to get things done.
- Rails Fundamentals
- Basic Ruby Skills and Tools
- Database Creation, Seeding, and Migration
- Working with ActiveRecord
- ActionView Essentials
- Using ActionController
- Working with Forms in Rails
- Session Management and Security
- Testing in Ruby and Rails
- The Rails Asset Pipeline