This is a single day course which introduces students to the principles, standards and technologies behind Service-Oriented Architectures.The course is delivered in two parts, the first providing a high-level introduction to SOA and the second a hands-on look at the technologies involved. During the latter students can choose to focus on either JEE or the .NET platform. Similarly the delivery can be tailored to stress SOAPy or RESTful Web Services as required.
Ideally students will have good knowledge of Java or C# programming, a familiarity with XML / XML Schema and practical experience of building Web Applications using technologies such as ASP Web Controls, JSF and Rails.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
- The Evolution of SOA
- Key Characteristics of SOA
- Advantages and Drawbacks of SOA
- Key Technologies Involved in SOA
- The Role of Web Services in SOA
- Advanced Technologies for Web Services in SOA
- Developing Web Services in Java
- Developing Web Services in .NET