Before beginning to work with Microsoft SQL Server in either a development or an administration role, it is important to understand the scope of the SQL Server platform. In particular, it is useful to understand that SQL Server is not just a database engine—it is a complete platform for managing enterprise data. SQL Server provides a strong data platform for all sizes of organizations, in addition to a comprehensive set of tools to make development easier, and more robust.
Before taking this course, students should have knowledge of writing T-SQL queries, and working knowledge of relational databases.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for developers.
- Introduction To Database Development
- Planning And Designing a Database Structure
- Modernizing Your Database Design Processes with DevSecOps
- Enforcing Data Integrity Through Constraints
- Understanding Database Indexes, Design and Utilization.
- Designing Optimized Index Strategies
- Columnstore Indexes
- Designing And Implementing Views
- Designing And Implementing Modern Stored Procedures
- Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Responding To Data Manipulation Via Triggers
- Using In-Memory Tables
- Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
- Storing And Querying Xml Data in SQL Server
- Storing And Querying Spatial Data in SQL Server
- Storing And Querying Blobs and Text ::Documents in SQL Server
- SQL Server Concurrency
- Performance And Monitoring