SQL is the standard language in use by all major relational database vendors. This course provides an introduction to the version of SQL used by Adaptive Server, Transact-SQL. The course provides an introduction to querying relational databases, focusing primarily on the SELECT statement, its syntax and the use of joins.
There are no prerequisites for this course. This course is a recommended prerequisite to most Introductory courses on Adaptive Server.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for Programmers, System Administrators, Database Administrators, Managers and End Users who will be creating SQL queries or reports.
- Structured Query Language
- The Relational Model and Relational Database basics
- The Select Statement
- The Where Clause
- Understanding Null Values
- Sorting Rows With Order By
- Totaling and Subtotaling Using Aggregate functions
- Using Joins
- Using Subqueries
- Modifying Data With SQL
- Transact-SQL Features
- Transact-SQL Programming Constructs
- Cursor Programming