This course is designed to give the student a basic knowledge of using Tivoli NetView for z/OS Pipelines in REXX for NetView programs. The student will learn the pipeline concepts and how to code pipelines in REXX programs. The instructor led presentation is reinforced through hands-on labs
Basic knowledge of Tivoli NetView for z/OS and REXX programming in NetView are required.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for NetView administrators and systems programmers working in the z/OS environment.
Introduction to NetView Pipelines and basic concepts
- Troubleshooting and debugging Pipelines
- Pipeline Stages and Syntax
- Pipeline Output & Logging
- Pipeline Filters
- Data Manipulation
- Pipeline I/O with files and variables
- Accessing VSAM files with pipelines and REXX
- Pipeline Application Interfaces (MVS, VTAM, etc.)