CompTIA, Help Desk, Apple & Desktop Applications
In this four-hour workshop students learn about the skills, tools, and knowledge needed to deploy iOS devices. Discussions and hands-on activities guide students through decisions required when deploying user-owned and company-owned devices.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for IT professionals who are responsible for deploying and managing iOS devices, and for technical sales professionals who assist customers in deciding to purchase iOS devices.
- Introductions and course overview
- Common themes to be covered and explanation of the classroom setup for hands-on activities
- Apple ID and the role it plays in deployment
- Difficulties encountered when manually configuring devices
- Using Mobile Device Management to improve the deployment experience for users and for IT
- Using the Volume Purchase program to enable app distribution and protect company data
- Company owned and supervised
- Using the Device Enrollment Program to streamline deploying company- owned devices
- Decisions a company needs to make to allow personalization of a company-owned device or restrict functionality based on user roles
- Wrap-up and considerations
- Summary of lessons learned
- Next steps to take in planning for a successful iOS deployment