In this hands-on course, you will gain a solid understanding of the new Swift 2 language from the ground-up. Through creating iOS apps covering the basics of the OS, you will learn everything you need to know to create your first app, from UI, navigation, persistent storage and geolocation to network communication and JSON serialization. Depending on your objectives, this course can be completed in 2 - 3 days, and the outline can be tailored to meet your team's training goals.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for developers with OOP experience.
iOS: Platforms and Architecture
- iVersions, Devices, Sensors and Hardware fragmentation
- Business Models and Apple Developer Program
- Design Patterns
- Swift: history, syntax, interaction with Objective-C
- Swift: data types, naming conventions, basic language classes
- Object-Oriented Programming with Swift
- Basic App configuration
- App's Lifecycle
- UIKit, Storyboards and basic layout with AutoLayout and Size Classes
- Basic UIKit controls: Label, Button, View, ScrollView, StackView
- Creating Outlets and Actions
- TextFields, hiding the keyboard and the DataSource pattern
- PickerView, Data model and reading a .plist file from the Bundle
- Storyboards and Segues. Modal and PopOver Segues
- Tab Bar Controller
- Navigation Controller and Push Segues
- TableViewController: static vs dynamic
- Custom Cells for the TableView and sending arguments to Segues
- Multi-touch. Gestures.
- Shared Preferences
- Audio & Video
- Geolocation: providers and possibilities
- Using sheets for: Share, Email, SMS
- Reading and Parsing XML and JSON
- Threading and Network Communication
- Making ad-hoc package
- Making final App Store package