ISO/IEC 20000 standard is the only international standard for IT Service Management; it is a formal set of specifications and requirements Service Providers should be aiming for. SO/IEC 20000 is aimed at providing the required evidence that IT service provider has an effective and reliable Service Quality Management system which has been or can be audited against the international standard in IT Service Management. The standard was initially based on the British Standard 15000 and best practice of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). ISO/IEC 20000 international standard for IT Service Management promotes the adoption of an integrated process approach to effectively deliver managed services to meet business and customer requirements. The ISO/IEC 20000 standard and associated documentation enables service providers to understand how to enhance the quality of services delivered to their customers, both internal and external. ISO/IEC 20000 standard applies to both large and small service providers, irrelevant of the core competency the End-User-Organization. ISO/IEC 20000 defines the requirements for a service provider to deliver managed services. The standard may be used:
- By businesses that are going out to tender for their services;
- To provide a consistent approach to IT Service Management by all service providers in a supply chain;
- To benchmark IT Service Management;
- As the basis for an independent assessment;
- To demonstrate the ability to meet customer requirements;
- To show proof of evidence in conformance and existence of Quality Management System;
- To improve services quality.
- The necessary information required to successfully achieve the Foundation certification in ISO/IEC 20000 standard;
- A better understanding of what is required to conform to the standard specifications and requirements
- Understanding the importance of Quality in IT Service Management, the specifications and the code of practice for IT Service Management
- Preparation for the ISO/IEC 20000 examination through the use of sample examination questions
There are no prerequisites for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
The target audience includes both internal and external service providers, who play a role or have an interest in ISO/IEC 20000. In addition, for customers considering requesting their service providers to become ISO/IEC 20000 certified, they can get an insight into what can be expected of their service providers. Also, this program is for everyone who:
- Is working in any aspect of Service Management.
- Intends to acquire basic knowledge of ISO/IEC/20000 standard, parts 1 and 2.
- Intends to acquire knowledge of Quality Service Management and Best-practices.
- Is implementing Best-practices processes based in ITIL Framework in an IT environment.
- Intends to obtain the ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate.
- Is a customer of IT considering requesting their service providers to become ISO/IEC 20000 certified.
- Is a customer of IT and requires an understanding of how IT support and delivery processes can best be accomplished and/or improved using the ISO/IEC 20000 standard.
The evolution of IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Introduction and background of ISO/IEC 20000
- Benefits and challenges in implementing a Quality Service Management System
- Relationship of ISO/IEC 20000 to the BS 150000 Standard, and to the Information Technology
- Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Essential definitions
- Understanding and interpretation of ISO/IEC 20000-Part 1
- The mandatory requirements for ITSM
- Understanding and interpretation of ISO/IEC 20000-Part 2
- The application of the British Standard BS 15000 and ITIL (Guidance for ITSM implementation)
- Sample exam review
- Criteria for organizational accreditation
- Introduction to evaluation and auditing of an IT Management Quality System based on ISO/IEC 20000
- General review
- ISO/IEC 20000 Exam