The ITIL best practice provides proven guidance to support organizations on their digital transformation journey. ITIL 4 is the next iteration that incorporates all the best from previous versions and expands on this body of knowledge, by providing a practical and flexible approach to support organizations with a focus on delivering customer outcomes and value through IT-enabled services. This is a full training package that includes the knowledge transfer as well as the associated certification exam. ITIL 4 provides an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services. It enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy and also integrates concepts from other industry best practices such as Lean, Agile and DevOps. The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition course is intended to simplify the transition for qualified ITIL v3 candidates to the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation by taking this one course with the associated exam. To qualify for this transition course, the candidates MUST hold their ITIL v3 ITIL Expert certification or have 17 qualifying credits from the ITIL v3 qualification scheme. If candidates do not have the full 17 qualifying credits, they can continue to earn their v3 Intermediate or Practitioner credits to enable them to be eligible to take this transition module in place of the v3 Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) course. This transition course provides candidates with an understanding of the new ITIL 4 concepts and definitions, including the key differences between the previous version of ITIL and ITIL 4 and how they can be practically applied. The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition course will cover the new ITIL 4 concepts and definitions from the each one of the four ITIL 4 Managing Professional (MP) modules: Create, Deliver and Support, Drive Stakeholder Value, High Velocity IT and Direct, Plan and Improve, and ITIL 4 Foundation. Program Material
- Digital copy of the learner materials, study-aids and sample exam
- Certification exam voucher
- To qualify for this transition module, the candidates MUST hold their ITIL v3 ITIL Expert certification or have 17 qualifying credits from the ITIL v3 qualification scheme.
- Candidates also qualify if they hold the ITIL 4 Foundation certificate AND 15 ITIL v3 credits.
- If candidates do not have the full 17 qualifying credits, they can continue to earn their v3 Intermediate or Practitioner credits to enable them to be eligible to take this transition module in place of the v3 Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) course
- To receive certification, the candidate must attend an accredited training class (classroom or online) and successfully pass the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition module exam:
- 40 multiple choice questions, 90 minutes, closed book examination
- Passing mark is a minimum of 70% (28 out of 40)
- Details on the core ITIL 4 Managing Professional publications will be updated once available from AXELOS – these books are recommended but not mandatory reading for this course
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for existing ITIL v3 Expert qualification holders (even if achieved through the previous ITIL v3 Expert Bridge certification), and those who have accumulated 17 credits within the ITIL v3 credit scheme The individuals taking this course are typically experienced IT Service Management professionals and practitioners who want to expand their knowledge and skills based on the latest version of ITIL.
- Create Deliver and Support (CDS)
- High Velocity IT (HVIT)
- Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV)
- Direct Plan and Improve (DPI)