ITIL, Governance & IT Service Management
ITIL® is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for IT Service Management (ITSM) by many public & private organizations. Since early 1990, ITIL® has been evolving from focusing on functions and processes under versions 1 and 2 to a full Service Lifecycle Management (v3/2011) to now focusing on a Service Value System under the current version.
In addition to the existing benefits of aligning IT goals and objectives with the business, improving quality and reducing cost of operation; ITSM and ITIL® now emphasizes the following areas:
- The role of IT Service Management capabilities in digital transformation initiatives
- Value and value co-creation between the IT service provider and its customers
- Guiding principles that apply to all stakeholder relationships, all initiatives and in support of Continual ::Improvement activities
- The Four Dimensions of Service Management, used to ensure holistic service management
- The Service Value System approach to IT Service Management, and how the IT Management Practices enable service delivery
- IT Service Management’s complementary fit with other popular IT best practices
This course introduces the latest ITIL® 4 concepts and explains the major differences with earlier versions of ITIL®.
There are no prerequisite required for this program. There is no certification exam associated with this course.
This course is designed for IT professionals interested in understanding the content and concepts of the latest ITIL® 4, as well as understand the differences with previous ITIL® versions: Executives and key stakeholders, Process Owners and Managers, senior technical and operational staff, IT professionals and Consultants and IT customers.
- The origins and evolution of ITIL®
- A few important concepts and definitions
- ITIL® Service Value System
- The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- The ITIL® Management Practices
- The major differences between ITIL® versions
- Critical success factors in the implementation of ITIL® best practices
- ITIL® training / education and documentation