Loading Course Schedule...
Whether your field is architecture or information technology, successful planning involves a carefully crafted set of steps to planned and measurable goals. In today’s fast-paced business environment, this is no simple task. As deadlines get tighter and budgets get smaller, organizations turn to their managers to do more with less. Therefore, successful managers need to replenish their supply of best practices knowledge, practical skills, insightful strategies, and cutting edge concepts to remain a valuable asset to their company. This course will add a unique set of best practices knowledge combination the capabilities of ITIL Framework and Project Management (PMBOK) to your knowledge base. We will work with you facilitating your understanding of the combined capabilities of ITIL and Project Management in order to implement a more effective Service Management Practice. Among other elements, the program will explore and discuss the following areas:
- Dependencies among both practices
- ITIL lifecycle progressive phases
- Project Management 9 work areas
- Implementation issues related to ITSM programs
- Program management office and its benefits
- Continuous improvement approach
- Assist in transforming IT Service Management onto a strategic business asset
- Assist in defining and managing the complete lifecycle of IT Service Management Process
- Provide guidance on the development of Services Strategy, the development of Service Design, the Transition of Services from current to desired state, the Implementation and the Continuous improvement of the those Services
Before taking this course, students should have general IT knowledge. Also, students should preferably have ITIL awareness and Project Management awareness. *ITIL is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for IT professionals interested in understanding the content and concepts of the new ITIL 2011, as well as understand Project Management based on PMBOK. Others who would find this course beneficial include:
- Executives and key stakeholders
- Process Owners and Managers
- Senior technical and operational staff
- IT professionals and Consultants
- IT customers
IT Service Management and the ITIL Framework
- Project Management according to the PMBOK
- ITIL and Project Management Dependencies
- Implementing a Service Management Practice
- What Should I Do Next?