The ITIL 2011 Awareness course provides learners with the unique opportunity to receive an introduction to the concepts of ITIL and ITSM. It provides an overview of the concepts within the ITIL best practices domain while also introducing the key ITIL processes. This non?certificate course explains how ITIL processes are driven by a Service Lifecycle to provide smooth functioning of organizations, thus ensuring high?quality services to their customers. It has been designed for learners who need a basic awareness of ITIL 2011 as a general interest, as part of a larger program initiative as opposed to the full certification Foundation course or for those who may not be sure of their future ITIL training path and want to assess ITIL / ITSM viability in their organization.
There are no prerequisites.
1/2 Day/Lecture & Lab
The Awareness course will be of interest to: IT Staff, IT and Business Executives, IT Consultants, Key Business Users, IT Developers.
- Understand current business challenges
- Understand Frameworks, Standards, and Best Practices & Governance - where does ITIL fit?
- Understand ITIL description and value
- Understand IT Service Management concepts
- Understand ITIL qualifications
- Use the Lifecycle approach to Service Management
- Understand ITIL's processes within the Lifecycle context
- Understand concepts & terminology of each phase in the Lifecycle
- Use additional information on key processes
- Understand implementation considerations