This ITIL Intermediate course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Planning, Protection, and Optimization of services. The main focus of this course is on operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to execute these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This course uses an optimal mix of learning methods to provide learners with the most effective way to build their ITIL knowledge with respect to Planning, Protection, and Optimization and to apply this knowledge in real life. Learners can complete eLearning modules on their own time to build their knowledge and then participate in interactive classroom or virtual classroom sessions to apply this knowledge in practice.
Candidates for this course must:Hold an ITIL Foundation certificate (holders of Foundation certificate from an earlier version of ITIL , e.g.: ITIL v2, must pass the current ITIL Foundation exam before attending this course) There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years' professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable. It is also strongly recommended that candidates: Can demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology; understanding the context of Planning, Protection, and Optimization management in their own business environment is strongly recommended. Have exposure working in the Service Management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility emphasizing at least one of the following management processes: Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM), Information Security Management, and Demand Management It is recommended that learners should complete at least 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the associated areas of the ITIL Service Management practice core guidance, particularly the Service Design publication, in preparation for the examination. ITIL is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo is a trademark of AXELOS Limited.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
The Planning, Protection, and Optimization Capability course will be of interest to:Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation certificate and want to purse the Intermediate and Advanced level ITIL certifications. Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Planning, Protection, and Optimization processes, their use, and their implementation to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization. For example, operational staff involved in Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Information Security Management, Demand Management, and Risk Management. IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs. Typical roles, including (but not restricted to) IT professionals, IT/business managers, IT/business process owners, and IT practitioners.
- Understanding Service Management as a practice and how the processes within Planning, Protection, and Optimization support the Service Lifecycle.
- Knowing the important role of Planning, Protection, and Optimization in service provision and understanding how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- Comprehending the activities, methods, and functions used in each of the Planning, Protection, and Optimization processes.
- Knowing how to apply Planning, Protection, and Optimization processes, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence.
- Measuring Planning, Protection, and Optimization performance.
- Understanding the importance of IT security and how it supports Planning, Protection, and Optimization.
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Planning, Protection, and Optimization.
- Comprehending the challenges, Critical Success Factors, and risks related to Planning, Protection, and Optimization.