This ITIL Intermediate course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Release, Control, and Validation of services. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This course uses an optimal mix of learning methods to provide learners with the most effective way to build their ITIL knowledge with respect to Release, Control, and Validation and to apply this knowledge in real life. Learners can complete eLearning modules on their own time to build their knowledge and then participate in interactive classroom or virtual classroom sessions to apply this knowledge in practice.
Candidates for this course must:Hold an ITIL Foundation certificate (holders of Foundation certificate from an earlier version of ITIL , e.g.: ITIL v2, must pass the current ITIL Foundation exam before attending this course) There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years' professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable. It is also strongly recommended that candidates: Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Release, Control, and Validation management in their own business environment. Have some experience working in a Service Management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility relating to at least one of the following Service Management processes: Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Service Evaluation and Quality Assurance, Knowledge Management, and Service Validation and Testing It is recommended that learners should complete at least 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications, particularly the Service Transition and Service Operation books, in advance of attending training for the certification. ITIL is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo is a trademark of AXELOS Limited.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
The Release, Control, and Validation Capability course will be of interest to:Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation certificate and want to purse the Intermediate and Advanced level ITIL certifications. Individuals and/or operational staff who require a comprehensive, practical understanding of the Release, Control, and Validation processes and how these may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization. For example, operational staff involved in Change Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Validation and Testing, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Request Fulfilment, Service Evaluation, and Knowledge Management. IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs. Typical roles, including (but not restricted to) IT professionals, IT/business managers, and IT/business process owners, and IT practitioners.
- Understanding Service Management as a practice and the principles, purposes, and objectives of Service Transition.
- Knowing the important role of Release, Control, and Validation in service provision and understanding how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- Comprehending the activities, methods, and functions used in each of the Release, Control, and Validation processes.
- Knowing how to apply Release, Control, and Validation processes, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence.
- Measuring Release, Control, and Validation performance.
- Understanding the importance of IT security and how it supports Release, Control, and Validation.
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Release, Control, and Validation
- Comprehending the challenges, Critical Success Factors, and risks related to Release, Control, and Validation.