This ITIL Intermediate course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Service Offerings and Agreements of services. The main focus of this course is on operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to execute these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This course uses an optimal mix of learning methods to provide learners with the most effective way to build their ITIL knowledge with respect to Service Offerings and Agreements and to apply this knowledge in real life. Learners can complete eLearning modules on their own time to build their knowledge and then participate in interactive classroom or virtual classroom sessions to apply this knowledge in practice.
Candidates for this course must:Hold an ITIL Foundation certificate (holders of Foundation certificate from an earlier version of ITIL , e.g.: ITIL v2, must pass the current ITIL Foundation exam before attending this course) There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years' professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable. It is also strongly recommended that candidates: Can demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology; understanding the context of Service Offerings and Agreements management in their own business environment is strongly recommended. Have exposure working in the Service Management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility emphasizing at least one of the following management processes: Service Portfolio Management, Service Catalogue Management, Service Level Management, Demand Management, Supplier Management, and Financial Management It is recommended that candidates be familiar with the guidance detailed in the ITIL Service Lifecycle Practices core publications prior to attending training for this certification. It is recommended that students should complete at least 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the associated areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance, particularly the Service Strategy and Service Design publications, in preparation for the examination. ITIL is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo is a trademark of AXELOS Limited.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
The Service Offerings and Agreements Capability course will be of interest to:Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation certificate and want to purse the Intermediate and Advanced level ITIL certifications. Individuals and/or operational staff who require a deep, practical understanding of the Service Offerings and Agreements processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization. For example, operational staff involved in Service Portfolio Management, Service Catalogue Management, Service Level Management, Demand Management, Supplier Management, Financial Management, and Business Relationship Management. IT professionals involved in IT Service Management implementation and improvement programs. Typical roles, including (but not restricted to) IT professionals, IT/business managers, IT/business process owners, and IT practitioners.
- Understanding Service Management as a practice and how the processes within Service Offerings and Agreements support the Service Lifecycle.
- Knowing the important role of Service Offerings and Agreements in service provision and understanding how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes.
- Comprehending the activities, methods, and functions used in each of the Service Offerings and Agreements processes.
- Knowing how to apply Service Offerings and Agreements processes, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence.
- Measuring Service Offerings and Agreements performance.
- Understanding the importance of IT security and how it supports Service Offerings and Agreements.
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Service Offerings and Agreements.
- Comprehending the challenges, Critical Success Factors, and risks related to Service Offerings and Agreements.