ITIL, Governance & IT Service Management
ITIL Service Lifecycle Track
ITIL V3 Continual Service Improvement Certification Program
Let us know if you would like a date for this course added to our schedule
ITIL is a set of best practices guidance that has become a worldwide-adopted framework for Information Technology Services Management (ITSM) by many Public & Private Organizations. Since early 1990, ITIL has been evolving from focusing on Functions and Processes under versions 1 and 2 to focusing on the Full Service Lifecycle Management under current version.
In addition to the existing benefits of aligning IT goals and objectives with the business, improving quality and reducing cost of operation; ITSM and ITIL now emphasizes the following areas:
- Assist in transforming IT Service Management onto a strategic business asset
- Assist in defining and managing the complete lifecycle of IT Service Management Process
- Provide guidance on the development of Services Strategy, the development of Service Design, the Transition of Services from current to desired state, the Implementation and the Continuous improvement of the those Services
Through lectures and practice exam questions participants explore the concepts of good practice in IT Service Management based on the ITIL Edition 2011Framework.
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Continual Service Improvement Certificate is a free-standing qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management. The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL publication.
The success in achieving this certification is highly dependent upon participants’ effort in doing their homework, and self-study before and during the program. Therefore, it is highly recommended that course participants purchase the appropriate TSO publication to complete at a minimum 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance.
This program is offered over a 3-day period where it combines theoretical and hands-on knowledge transfer, including individual and group practical exercises. The minimum number of students per session is 6 where the maximum is 18.
This three (3) days classroom training course with examination held on the afternoon of the 3rd day is accredited by the examinations institute. The course includes approximately 21 hours of student-instructor interaction, a sample, and a formal examination. The format of the examination consists of a closed book paper of 8 multiple choice complex questions, to be answered within 90 minutes. (Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do not have English as their first language will be allowed additional 30 minutes to allow use of a dictionary). The pass mark will be 70% or more - 28 or more correct answers.
This training program includes the following as reference documentation:
- Program slide presentation
- Syllabus document
- ITIL acronyms and glossary
- Sample examination questions and answers
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (the V3 Foundation or V2 Foundation plus Bridge Certificate) which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Additionally, to be eligible for the ITIL Intermediate qualification, candidates shall fulfill the following requirements:
- At least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the Service Design publication in preparation for the examination
- There is no minimum requirement but a basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable
* ITIL is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo is a trademark of AXELOS Limited
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
The main target group for this ITIL Intermediate Qualification Certificate includes, but is not restricted to:Chief information officers (CIOs)Chief technology officers (CTOs)ManagersSupervisory staffTeam leadersService designersIT architectsIT plannersIT consultantsIT audit managersIT security managersITSM trainers involved in the ongoing management, co-ordination and integration of operation activities within the service lifecycleIndividuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL service operation stage of theITIL service lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organizationIT professionals working within or about to enter a service operation environment and requiring an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involvedIndividuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certificationsIndividuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certification in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modulesIndividuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite.
- Introduction to Continual Service Improvement
- Continual Service Improvement Principles
- Continual Service Improvement Process
- Continual Service Improvement Methods and Techniques
- Organization for Continual Service Improvement
- Technology considerations for Continual Service Improvement
- Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical success factors and risks
- Summary, Exam Preparation and Directed Studies