Loading Course Schedule...
This highly-interactive simulation is a high-impact, energetic way to accelerate understanding and acceptance of service management concepts such as ITIL v3. Facilitated in the fast world of global on-line retail, Polestar ITSM brings to life the service management, cultural and process issues faced by organizations and encourages strategic partnership between IT and the business. This is done through a realistic, exhilarating scenario to which participants can directly relate to and have actual experience of. Normally delivered in five rounds, the Polestar simulation uses gaming dynamics to mirror the real world interaction between IT and the business from both a strategic and operational perspective. The simulation structure is designed to reflect the entire service management lifecycle as defined by ITIL v3. Participants progress through the rounds increasing operational maturity and gaining a holistic understanding of quality service management as they go. In addition, the simulation experience continues between rounds through defined service transition phases which require the participants to engage in planning for the strategic and operational continuous service improvements.
Before taking this course, students should have general IT knowledge. *ITIL is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for IT professionals interested in understanding the content and concepts of ITIL, such as executives and key stakeholders, process owners, and managers.
Working in Silos (IT and the Business)
- Communication Issues and Chaos
- Introducing the Service Desk and Incident Management
- Refining and Improving Incident Management
- Introducing Problem Management, Knowledge Management and Trend Analysis
- Introducing Availability and Capacity Management
- Introducing Configuration Management, Change Management and Service Level Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Maturing the Service Desk and Incident Management
- Maturing Problem Management and the Knowledge base
- The Importance of Change and Release Management
- Service Continuity Management and Event Management
- Supplier Management and Information
- Security Management
- Introducing Financial Management
- Maturing Configuration Management
- Demonstrate importance of processes and their relationships
- Review how ITSM maturity has evolved and the benefits to the business