Loading Course Schedule...
Java is one of the preferred languages among developers, used in everything right from smartphones, and game consoles to even supercomputers, and its new features simply add to the richness of the language. This course on Java programming begins by helping you learn how to install the Java Development Kit. You will then focus on understanding object-oriented programming (OOP), with exclusive insights into concepts like abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism, which will help you when programming for real-world apps. Next, you’ll cover fundamental programming structures of Java such as data structures and algorithms that will serve as the building blocks for your apps. You will also delve into core programming topics that will assist you with error handling, debugging, and testing your apps. As you progress, you’ll move on to advanced topics such as Java libraries, database management, and network programming, which will hone your skills in building professional-grade apps. Further on, you’ll understand how to create a graphic user interface using JavaFX and learn to build scalable apps by taking advantage of reactive and functional programming. You’ll learn how to efficiently build and deploy microservices using Spring Boot. This spring/springboot with java microservices course will take you through tried and tested approaches to building distributed systems and implementing microservices architecture in your organization.
Students should have:
- Basic to Intermediate IT Skills. Attendees have basic programming fundamentals knowledge.
- Good foundational mathematics or logic skills
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is geared for attendees with basic programming fundamentals knowledge who wish to be well versed with Java 10, 11, and 12, but also gain a perspective into the future of this language and software development in general.
- Getting Started with Java 12
- Java Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Java Fundamentals
- Exception Handling
- Strings, Input/Output, and Files
- Data Structures, Generics, and Popular Utilities
- Java Standard and External Libraries
- Multithreading and Concurrent Processing
- JVM Structure and Garbage Collection
- Managing Data in a Database
- Functional Programming
- Introduction to Spring Boot
- Creating a Set of Cooperating Microservices
- Deploying Our Microservices Using Docker
- Adding an API Description Using OpenAPI/Swagger
- Adding Persistence
- Developing Reactive Microservices
- Introduction to Kubernetes