This course provides the fundamentals of JES2 to I/T professionals. It is intended to provide the student with the understanding to control, customize, and administer the JES2 subsystem in a z/OS environment.
Students should have experience with z/OS Overview.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for Systems programmers with a need to understand JES2.
- Introduction to JES2 Concepts
- JES2 Initialization
- Controlling JES2 Processes
- Spool Volumes and Operation
- JES2 Checkpoint Processing
- JES2 Network Job Entry (NJE) and Remote Job Entry (RJE)
- JES2 Monitor