IBM Mainframe & Midrange
This course is designed to get MVS Operators familiar with JES2 concepts, control, and troubleshooting, presenting techniques and skills widely used by experienced system operators. Demos and hands-on Labs are used to reinforce presented topics.
The student should have a basic understanding of MVS.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for MVS operators.
- The six JES2 processing phases
- JES2 commands for managing JES2 resources
- Moving jobs and SYSOUT between JES2 systems
- Managing a JES2 network
- Setting up JES2 automatic commands
- Starting and stopping JES2
- JES2 processing
- Controlling readers/initiators/job execution/printer and punches/job output
- Job transmitters and receivers
- Controlling remote devices and NJE
- Automatic commands
- JES2 startup and shutdown