The two-day Kepner-Tregoe Foundation course introduces individuals working in trouble shooting environmentsto a systematic process of problem solving when responding to incidents and problems. This enables individuals to deliver a high level of quality and consistency in customer support. The course equips participants with the knowledge of the terminology, structure and basic concepts of Kepner-Tregoe's problem management andincident management techniques such as Situation Appraisal, Problem Analysis, Decision Analysis and PotentialProblem Analysis. During the Foundation course, participants will be optimally prepared to take and pass the Kepner-Tregoe Foundation examination. The Foundation course is beneficial to individuals who want to be trained and certified in a best practice commended for Problem Analysis (Kepner Tregoe is referenced as a best practice in the official ITIL Service Operation publication).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
The Kepner-Tregoe Foundation course will be of interest to individuals who:Want to be certified by Kepner-Tregoe as 'Kepner-Tregoe Foundation certified' ?Seek to attend the two-day Kepner-Tregoe Advanced Workshop to learn to implement the concepts they have gained in the Foundation course to improve Incident Management and Problem Management?. Typical roles are (but not limited to):roles that provide first-line support, service--deskstaff,Analysts,ProblemManagers,IncidentManagers,Auditors,QualityManagers,Operators,Technicians and Engineers
- Introduction to Kepner-Tregoe rational process Situation Appraisal, Problem Analysis, Decision Analysis and potential problem analysis
- Situation Appraisal- The definition of an incident and a concern. How to "List Threats and Oppordtunities", "Separate and Clarify", "Set Priority", "Plan Next Steps" and the role of questioning in Situation Appraisal
- Problem Analysis- The Kepner-Tregoe definition of a problem. How to "Describe Problem", "Identify Possible Causes", "Evaluate Possible Causes", "Confirm True Cause", explain the role of questioning in Problem Analysis.
- Decision Analysis The definition of a decision. How to "Clarify Purpose", "Identify Alternatives", Evaluate Alternatives", "Make Decision". The role of questioning in Decision Analysis. How to effectively "present Recommendations" and "Assess Recommendat
- Potential Problem Analysis- The definition of an action and a plan. How to "Identify Potential Problems", "Identify Likely Causes", "Take Preventive Action", "Plan Contingent Action and Set Triggers". The role of questioning in Potential Problem Analysis.