Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. This course introduces participants to the basic concepts and architecture of Kubernetes, its initial install & setup, Kubernetes Pods, Deployments and Services, Persistent Storage, Networking, Automating Deployment, Scaling and Management of Containerized Applications, the Kubernetes Helm Package Manager, and finally, it's logging and monitoring facilities. This course doesn’t only prepare delegates for the daily administration of Docker and Kubernetes systems but also for the official Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF).
Before taking this course, you should have the following skills and experience: :Proficiency with the Linux CLI (PT6795 "Linux Fundamentals")
- A broad understanding of Linux system administration (PT9992 "Enterprise Linux Systems Administration").
- Basic knowledge of Linux containers, e.g. Docker (PT10169 "Docker")
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for system administrators and DevOps professionals who want to understand and use Kubernetes in cloud and data center environments.
- Installing Kubernetes
- Accessing Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Workloads
- Scheduling and node management
- Accessing the applications
- Persistent storage in Kubernetes
- Logging, monitoring and troubleshooting
- Introduction to Helm Package Manager
- Installing Helm and Tiller
- Using Helm
- Helm Charts
- Chart Templates
- Helm plugins
- Helm Security