The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of Lean IT. As well as certifying that the student have gained knowledge of the Lean IT terminology, structure, and basic concepts and has comprehended the core principles of Lean IT practices. The Lean IT Foundation Certificate is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the Lean IT practices under guidance of a Lean expert. The course including a sample examination and preparation to re-enforce the knowledge gained. The Foundation exam is done at the end of the second day. It is a multiple – choice closed book exam over a period of 60 minutes, consisting of 40 multiple choice questions. A successful candidate will get at least 65 % of the questions right. This course offers the following benefits for organizations:
- Achieve operational excellence through improved agility, service quality and efficiency.
- Build a customer and value-oriented culture in which employees engage in Lean IT processes.
- Involve all employees to continually improve services and preserve value with less effort.
- Optimize IT operations and processes supporting the most business critical applications and services.
- Implement a rigorous problem solving process to achieve greater strategic and financial value.
No prerequisite required for this program other than a general understanding of IT technologies. It is STRONGLY recommended for the students to acquire the following: Title: Lean Thinking, Banish Waste and Create Wealth in Your Corporation (Paperback edition published in 2003) Author: James P. Womack and Daniel T. Jones ISBN-13: 9780743231640 Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK Ltd Lean IT Foundation Article - Lean IT Foundation Publication v2.0 (412KB) Title: Lean IT: Enabling and Sustaining Your Lean Transformation (Hardback edition published in 2011) Author: Steven C Bell and Michael A Orzen ISBN-13: 9781439817568 Publisher: Productivity Press
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
The target audience for the Foundation qualification is individuals who:
- Are applying the principles of Lean IT practices to provide necessary insight into business services and support IT assets, employees and processes.
- Would like to be acquainted with the use of several Lean IT analysis tools and have an understanding of the application of the Lean IT philosophy in an IT environment.
- Are providing insight into customer experience and identify the cause of problems to increase customer satisfaction.
- Are making an effort to align business services with IT to evaluate a service delivery solution and identify and reduce non-value adding activity.
- Are trying to streamline and automate compliance processes to lessen cost and risk.
Understand the key principles and terminology
- Lean Principles benefits
- Increasing customer value
- Eliminating waste (work that does not add value)
- Management as a facilitator
- The involvement of all employees
- Continual improvement
- Preserving value with less work.
- Increase customer satisfaction and to achieve greater strategic and financial value.