This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to manage accounts and resources in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 environment. The course is intended for systems administrator and systems engineer candidates who are responsible for managing accounts and resources. These tasks include managing user, computer, and group accounts; managing access to network resources; managing printers; managing an organizational unit in a network based on Active Directory directory service; and implementing Group Policy to manage users and computers. This is the first course in the Systems Administrator and Systems Engineer tracks for Windows Server 2003 and serves as the entry point for other courses in the Windows Server 2003 curriculum.
Before attending this course, students must have: * A+ certification, or equivalent knowledge and skills. * Network+ certification, or equivalent knowledge and skills.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The course is intended for systems administrator and systems engineer candidates who are responsible for managing accounts and resources.
- Introduction to Administering Accounts and Resources
- Managing User and Computer Accounts
- Managing Groups
- Managing Access to Resources
- Implementing Printing
- Managing Printing
- Managing Access to Objects in Organizational Units
- Implementing Group Policy
- Managing the User Environment by Using Group Policy
- Introduction to Security in Windows Server 2003