Loading Course Schedule...
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to manage Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS). Students will learn how to configure SMS components and how to manage the ongoing operations of an SMS infrastructure.
Students must have:-Completed ProTech's Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows XP Professional or have equivalent knowledge-Completed ProTech's Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure: Network Services, or have equivalent experience
5 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for SMS Administrators who are responsible for configuring and managing one or more SMS sites and all supporting systems.
- Overview of Systems management Server 2003
- Exploring SMS Site Architecture
- Preparing to Deploy the SMS Clients
- Deploying SMS Clients
- Collecting Inventory and Software Metering
- Querying and Reporting Data
- Preparing an SMS Site for Software Distribution
- Managing Software Distribution
- Using SMS Software Distribution to Deploy an Office Application
- Implementing SMS Software Update Tools and Managing Update Deployment
- Using Remote Tools for Client Support
- Working withSMS Hierarchies
- Performing Site Maintenance, Backup, and Recovery Tasks