Loading Course Schedule...
Project Managers are often required to manage several projects with shared resources. This class covers the fundamentals of project management while focusing on applying the fundamentals in a multiple project environment. Through discussion, workshops, and real world examples, participants learn how to identify project components, organize them effectively, and control the project from the earliest steps of developing the project charter through the final steps of a project - documenting lessons learned. This course allows students to earn 8 PDUs from the Project Management Institute.
This is an intermediate to advanced class.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for project managers wanting to learn the fundamentals of project management while focusing on applying the fundamentals in a multiple project environment.
- Top seven challenges in a multiple project environment
- Define a multiple project environment
- What is the “spiral of death”
- How does Project Portfolio Management help in a multiple project environment?
- Project Planning in Multiple Project Environment
- Project selection and the project portfolio
- Strategic alignment of projects and how it helps with prioritizing projects
- Understand your personal project portfolio
- Negotiating for resources in a multiple project environment
- Human Resource Planning and team building
- Project Plan Integration for multiple projects
- Tying it all into the Multiple Project Environment