In this course, we make participants productive JEE developers using the proven technologies in the Java enterprise stack. The course addresses all areas of modern JEE development: we start by diving into Java ServerFaces 2 (JSF2), a modern user interface framework. We next go to the business tier, working with Enterprise Java Beans, exploring the creation of Session Beans, transaction management, and Message Driven Beans. Next, we approach Java persistence with JPA. At the end we cover the application integration and interoperability with JAX-WS web services. For this lab exercises in this course we use IBM Rational Application Developer V8 and WebSphere Application Server. If desired, the course can be customized to use other middleware.
Students should have basic knowledge of Java and relational databases.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for anyone who develops enterprise Java applications.
- Overview of JSF 2
- The JSF 2 Lifecycle
- JSF 2 User Interface Component Model
- JSF 2 Event Handling
- JSF 2 Validation Framework
- Building JSF 2 Custom Components
- Building JSF 2 Renderers
- Internationalization (I18N) and Localization (L10N)
- JSF 2 and Ajax
- Java EE 5 Architecture
- Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) Architecture
- Developing Session Beans
- Java Message Service (JMS)
- Message-Driven Beans and JMS destinations
- Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) in JEE
- EJB Transactions
- Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Java Persistence Query Language (JPQL)
- Web Services with JAX-WS