This course will teach the student the facilities of MICROFOCUS COBOL/2 Workbench. The skills required to sue the MICROFOCUS COBOL/2 environment will be taught through hands-on workshops and reinforced with lecture.
The student should have experience with COBOL. Experience with operating system commands is preferred but not required.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for COBOL programmers designated to utilize MICROFOCUS COBOL/2 Workbench as a development tool.
- Converting mainframe resources
- Using workstations for development and enhancements
- Using the editor, check and animator facilities
- Principles of file transfers
- Testing and debugging an application program in MICROFOCUS COBOL/2
- Manipulating data files
- Crreating VSAM and/or variable length compatible files on the workstation