You've covered many of the basic functions of Microsoft Access, and now you're ready to learn advanced Access features such as database management, advanced form design, packaging a database, encrypting a database, preparing a database for multiple-user access, and more. Knowledge of these features separate database professionals from the casual database users or occasional designers. This course is the third part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to perform basic database design and development in Microsoft Access.
- Microsoft Access for Office 365: Part 1: Focuses on the design and construction of an Access database —viewing, navigating, searching, and entering data in a database, as well as basic relational database design and creating simple tables, queries, forms, and reports.
- Microsoft Access for Office 365: Part 2: Focuses on optimization of an Access database, including optimizing performance and normalizing data; data validation; usability; and advanced queries, forms, and reports.
- Microsoft Access for Office 365: Part 3 (this course): Focuses on managing the database and supporting complex database designs , including import and export of data; using action queries to manage data; creating complex forms and reports; macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA); and tools and strategies to manage, distribute, and secure a database.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience working with Access for Office 365, including a working knowledge of database design and creation, form design and creation, report design and creation, and a working knowledge of database querying and the various table relationships. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
- Microsoft Access for Office 365: Part 1
- Microsoft Access for Office 365: Part 2
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
Students taking this course are database administrators or prospective database administrators who have experience working with Microsoft Access for Office 365 and need to learn advanced skills.
- Importing and Exporting Table Data
- Using Queries to Manage Data
- Creating Complex Reports and Forms
- Creating Access Macros
- Using VBA to Extend Database Capabilities
- Managing a Database
- Distributing and Securing a Database