This five-day course will provide students with the key knowledge required to deploy and configure System Center 2016 Service Manager. Using hands-on labs, students will learn the following:
- Where Service Manager sits within the System Center 2016 product.
- What business and technical needs Service Manager is designed to meet.
- How Service Manager aligns itself to ITIL and MOF.
- How to architect and implement a System Center 2016 Service Manager deployment.
- How to upgrade an existing Service Manager 2012 R2 environment to System Center 2016.
- How to customize System Center 2016 Service Manager to be in line with corporate standards.
- How to configure Incident and Problem Management.
- How to configure Activity, Change and Release Management.
- How to configure Service Requests.
- How to configure Service Level Management.
- How to customize the Self-Service Portal.
- How to configure Reporting and Analysis.
- How to troubleshoot Service Manager and perform disaster recovery.
- How to create customized Service Manager forms.
Before taking this course, students should have a working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016. They should also have a working knowledge of SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014. An understanding of the IT management processes that are included with ITIL and MOF is also required.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2016 Service Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring, and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. This course is also intended for Cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Service Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2016 Service Manager.
- Service Management Overview
- Installing System Center 2016 Service Manager
- Key Concepts and Features
- Configuring Service Manager for Your Environment
- Populating the Service Manager CMDB using Connectors
- Managing Incidents and Problems
- Managing Changes and Releases
- Configuring and Managing the Service Catalog
- Automating Business Processes with Orchestrator
- Configuring Service Level Management
- Using Reports and Analyzing Data in Service Manager
- Advanced Troubleshooting and Disaster Recovery
- Creating Forms and Items in Service Manager Using the Service Manager Authoring Tool