This course provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills to configure and manage Internet Information Services. This course is intended to help provide pre-requisite skills supporting a broad range of Internet web applications, security, and knowledge to help support other products that use IIS such as Exchange and SharePoint. In keeping with that goal, this course will not focus on any particular web application or development practice.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation.Experience with Windows Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.Experience with Windows Client administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for IT Professionals already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration. No prior experience with any version of Internet Information Services is assumed.
- Overview and Installing Internet Information Services
- Configuring The Default Website
- Configuring and Managing Application Pools
- Creating additional websites
- Configuring Website and Web application support
- Securing Websites and applications
- Securing Data Transmissions with SSL
- Using the Central Certificate Store
- Configuring Remote Administration
- Implementing FTP
- Monitoring IIS
- Backing up and Restoring IIS
- Building Load-Balanced Web Farms