This course provides experienced Exchange Server administrators with the knowledge to design and implement an Exchange Server 2016 messaging environment. Students will learn how to design and configure advanced components in an Exchange Server 2016 deployment such as site resiliency, advanced security, compliance, archiving, and discovery solutions. In addition, students will learn about coexistence with other Exchange organizations or Exchange Online, and migration from previous versions of Exchange Server. The course will provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help students optimize their Exchange Server deployment.
In addition to professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Attended course 20345-1B: Administering Exchange Server 2016/2019, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum two years of experience working with any version of Exchange Server.
- Minimum of six months of experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016.
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2019 or Winders Server 2019.
- Minimum two years of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS).
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows Powershell.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The audience for this course includes IT professionals who are experienced messaging administrators, messaging architects, or consultants. This course is designed for people in an enterprise environment who are responsible for designing and deploying Exchange Server solutions, including environments that contain previous versions of Exchange Server or Exchange Online. Students taking this course are expected to have experience with Exchange Server 2019 or previous versions of Exchange Server.
- Planning Exchange Server 2016 Deployments
- Planning and Deploying Exchange Server 2016 Mailbox Services
- Planning and Deploying Message Transport
- Planning and Deploying Client Access
- Designing and Implementing High Availability
- Maintaining Exchange Server 2016
- Designing Messaging Security
- Designing and Implementing Message Retention
- Designing Messaging Compliance
- Designing and Implementing Messaging Coexistence
- Upgrading to Exchange Server 2016
- Planning a Hybrid Exchange Server Deployment