This five-day, instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how they can enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that they administer. This course begins by emphasizing the importance of assuming that network breaches have occurred already, and then teaches you how to protect administrative credentials and rights to help ensure that administrators can perform only the tasks that they need to, when they need to. This course explains how you can use auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016 to identify security issues. You will also learn how to mitigate malware threats, secure your virtualization platform, and use deployment options such as Nano server and containers to enhance security. The course also explains how you can help protect access to files by using encryption and dynamic access control, and how you can enhance your network’s security.
Before taking this course, students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- Completed courses MOC 20740 (PT10601), MOC 20741 (PT10602), and MOC 20742 (PT10603), or the equivalent.
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
- An understanding of Windows Server security principles.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course was designed for IT professionals who want to know how they can enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that they administer.
- Attacks, breach detection, and Sysinternals tools
- Protecting credentials and privileged access
- Limiting administrator rights with Just Enough Administration
- Privileged access management and administrative forests
- Mitigating malware and threats
- Analyzing activity with advanced auditing and log analytics
- Deploying and configuring Advanced Threat Analytics and Microsoft Operations Management Suite
- Secure Virtualization Infrastructure
- Securing application development and server-workload infrastructure
- Planning and protecting data
- Optimizing and securing file services
- Securing network traffic with firewalls and encryption
- Securing network traffic