This course describes how to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server with Azure SQL Data Warehouse, to implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and to validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services. This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server database. The course covers SQL Server provision both on-premise and in Azure, and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
The primary audience for this course is database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
- Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Planning Data Warehouse Infrastructure
- Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
- Columnstore Indexes
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Creating an ETL Solution
- Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
- Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
- Implementing a Data Extraction Solution
- Enforcing Data Quality
- Using Master Data Services
- Extending SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Deploying and Configuring SSIS Packages
- Consuming Data in a Data Warehouse