This Analyzing Data with Excel training class teaches students to add BI techniques to Excel data analysis. The course goes beyond the capabilities of tables and charts and uses Pivot Charts, the Excel Data Model, and Power BI.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-totals.
- Basic knowledge of data analytics equivalent to having attended course 10994.
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for students who are experienced with analyzing data with Excel and who wish to add BI techniques. The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
- Data Analysis in Excel
- The Excel Data Model
- Importing Data from Files
- Importing Data from Databases
- Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Creating and Formatting Measures
- Visualizing Data in Excel
- Using Excel with Power BI