This three-day instructor-led course provides students with a first look at the features of Metro style app development for Windows 8. Students will gain familiarity with Windows 8 and learn how to successfully create, publish and monetize their applications to the Windows Store. This course provides hands-on opportunities to implement WinRT APIs, to manage the Metro style app lifecycle, and to develop Metro style apps that target multiple device types, screen resolutions and view states. This lab collection is based on the Windows 8 Release Preview release of Windows 8 and Release Preview release of Visual Studio. The subsequent releases of Microsoft products could include updates that are not represented in this training product.
Before attending this course, students must have: 1-2 years of experience in creating applications with C# and XAML Experience with the following: Modern graphical interfaces Object Oriented Programming Simple data access (CRUD) General understanding of the Visual Studio IDE and .NET
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for professional developers who have experience in programming in C# and XAML.
- Introduction to Windows 8 and Metro style App UI Principles
- Overview of the WinRT Library
- Implementing Device Orientation, Snap View, and Semantic Zoom
- Integrating with the Windows 8 Experiences
- Process Lifetime Management
- Implementing Tile and Notifications
- Taking Advantage of Modern Hardware
- Introduction to Microsoft Store