Loading Course Schedule...
This instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to deploy and administer Microsoft Forefront Server Security products. This two-day class includes lecture and hands-on labs (covering several server products) and was developed by Microsoft Consulting Services using their detailed implementation knowledge and best practices.
Before attending this course, students must have Windows Server certifications or deployment experience and be familiar with the Forefront product line: Client, Server, and Edge.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for technical deployment specialists and senior-level administrators who manage a Microsoft Exchange Server or Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies infrastructure or security practice.
- Describe aspects of the multiple engine settings and the balance of information versus performance in Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Discuss how transport scanning works in Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Identify and understand the differences between default mode and outbreak mode protection, and understand the file, content, and keyword filtering options available with Forefront Security for Exchange Server.
- Identify components and services within Forefront Security for SharePoint.
- Use Forefront Security for SharePoint filters and templates to define scanning options.
- Understand Forefront Security for SharePoint diagnostics, logging, and statistics gathered during maintenance and from notifications.
- Understand the various alerts and reporting features available in Forefront Server Security Management Console.
- Identify the eight Management Console job categories and the basic role of each classification.