In this course you will learn how to reduce costs and increase efficiencies in your network. You will discover how to consolidate the administration of an enterprise IT infrastructure with Group Policy, and you will learn to control and manage computer systems and domain users running Windows Server and Windows clients. Create Group Policies, implement administrative and security templates, and determine best practices when deploying software packages. Walk away with the experience and tools needed to optimize your enterprise systems and networks, implement administrative and security templates, and determine best practices when deploying software packages. Walk away with the experience and tools needed to optimize your enterprise systems and networks.
Before attending this course, students must have experience with the Microsoft Windows Server environments and a fundamental understanding of Active Directory.
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is intended for Enterprise network staff responsible for help desk support, system administration, and network design.
- Introduction to Configuration Management
- Using Group Policy Management Tools
- Designing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Understanding the Architecture of Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting and Backing Up GPOs
- Securing Windows Using Group Policy
- Implementing Application Security Using Group Policy
- Configuring the Desktop Environment with Group Policy
- Implementing User State Virtualization
- Assigning and Publishing Software Packages
- Configuration Management with Windows PowerShell
- Implementing PowerShell Desired State Configuration
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences